Sunday, August 2, 2009

Creature and Creator

The question occurred to me, one day, "Do I create the 'other' or do they create me?" I mean, it's obvious there's some creating going on; the way someone can look at you, and you know that they are seeing their own projection of who you are, not you. So, which is it? Am I creating you, or are you creating me?

A Course in Miracles says that the world you see is entirely your projection; it doesn't actually exist, except in a dream, that there is a submerged, unconscious guilt, within human beings; that we don't even know is there, most of the time, and it is so painful that we can't live in peace with it; so, in an attempt to alleviate ourselves of this guilt, we project it onto others. Why? So that they can be the guilty party, instead of us.

But again, how could it be that I am the projector of the seemingly exterior world, and that you are the projector of your seemingly exterior world, both? Oh, and your exterior world includes me, by the way. There is no logical answer to that one, yet I believe that it is an accurate statement. The answer is, that there is no you, nor me. What we refer to as "I" is a figment of imagination: an optical delusion of consciousness. There is only Awareness, projecting a dream and the identitieyou refer to when you say I is the dreamed, not not the dreamer. It is the Being underneath this identity which is the dreamer, and that being... well, there's only one of them, period, throughout every where, every when, and every "I." A being who's circumference is nowhere, and who's center is everywhere. It's a conundrum, as great truths are. Great truths are a conundrum because they contain thier opposites. We are both creator and creature of each other.

I used to be enrolled in the game of "Go out there and be somebody." That didn't work out too well. It never does. It may seem to work out, for awhile, but there is a big Nobody out there, just beyond all of your acheivements, waiting to claim you. And, one day, eventually, it will have its way with us.

"Resistance is futile. You will be assimilated into the Collective." --The Borg, (Star Trek, The Next Generation).

Now I'm content, even delighted, to be nobody: no one, with nothing to defend, no agenda. Just an interested being, watching and waiting to see what happens next.

~ c a r s o n

No comments:

Post a Comment