Wednesday, October 3, 2012

World's Greatest Lover


What was it about Don Juan DeMarco? What is it that makes someone a great lover, perhaps even the greatest lover in the world. 

I think I have a clue. I have this "trick" that I do. As best I can describe it, I simply surrender to the reality that this being in front of me is EXACTLY what I desire. Instead of distracting myself with the thought that there is someone better, somewhere, I surrender to and let myself be charmed by the beauty that is in front of me, and I do mean surrender.  There is a vulnerability to being so completely taken by beauty.  Then guess what? I literally get to spend the evening with the most beautiful woman I can imagine, the woman of my dreams!  

Some would say, well yeah, but only because you believe in it.  To this I would answer, yes, and you are deprived, only because of your lack of belief.

I have lived as if the gulf between myself and loving was the lack of appropriate targets. That is utter bullshit. The only gulf is how vulnerable and loving I am willing to be in the moment. ~Carson Boyd

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful. Thanks, Carson
    ("There is a vulnerability to being so completely taken by beauty." Perfect and true.)

    ReplyDelete