Thursday, October 13, 2011

Mirror Jujitsu

When I walk into a room, I already know that everyone in there loves me, I just don't expect them to realize it yet. I can say this with confidence because I know that at the depth of my essence, what I am is love. If that is true for me, it is true for others as well, because I'm even separate, much less different.

There is a trick about mirrors. If you wait for the mirror to smile at you first, you'll be waiting a very long time. If you wait for the mirror to love you first, same thing. The world is your mirror. It can't help but reflect you. It is your projection. That's just the way that it is wired up.

I used to think that I needed to be in a fun place, or with fun people, before I could really have fun. What a crock! Now I see that I bring fun with me (or not) when I walk in the door.

So, I'm inviting you, just for the moment, to take my word for it, that others really love you, but the thing is that sometimes we can't get through to you. The limit of your ability to receive our love is your willingness/ability to believe it, and even more important, your ability to find yourself lovable. If you can't find where you are lovable, then our love just shows you that we are a bunch of liars. It can't be any other way.

I know many women find objection to how men objectify women and mentally reduce them to pretty little things which dance for our pleasure.  Please try to understand. Men love women. We are just wired up that way and there isn't anything we can do to stop it. Some of us, for various reasons, have a wounded heart that is barred from much of emotional reality. Men who only value women for their bodies, are just expressing that love, in whatever way that is left to them. So, next time you see a man who is stuck there, I invite you to find your compassion. Bless his heart, that's the best he's got, in that moment. If he knew how to do it better, he would. I can tell you, as a man, sex is wonderful. It is right up there near the top of pleasurable experiences which are available, and it doesn't come anywhere close to the pleasure of loving another.

Many people have the mistaken idea that love is a forever kind of thing. News Flash: Nothing in manifest creation is a forever kind of thing. All of it is destined to end. The good news is that this does not take away from love at all. Love is actually a right-now kind of thing. Every time you have experienced anything, it has been a here and now experience. This is the ONLY place where experience actually happens.  That's the reason we learn to avoid the present.  This is where pain happens as well.

Love doesn't require forever; not even next year, or tomorrow, or in the morning. Love as much as you can, from wherever you are. That is the ticket to paradise, and it is safe. It is the ONLY safety. The world cried out for love. God sent you. Those aren't pink, fluffy, words. It is the literal truth. The mirror is just waiting to love you with everything it has. It is patient that way. It loves you that much.

No comments:

Post a Comment