Sunday, April 12, 2009

Welcome to the Jungle

I live in this world that often occurs like a jungle, where a myriad of creatures come together to be, and express their individuality. The crickets sing, the monkey’s howl, the cats roar and it is a glorious expression; a symphony, with an unseen conductor. It is the sound of worship as each being trumpets their existence, and their gratitude to whatever it is that gives us existence.

We long to go into that jungle. We long to be our natural self. We long to cast our pheromones into the breeze and see what comes; to sniff the wind and see where we are drawn. And without a story of a separate me, it’s all just a cannibalistic orgy. I say cannibalistic, because there’s only one thing, and it feeds off of itself. I once had a strawberry say to me, “chew me up, swallow me down, I’ll be you.” People say that death is suffering. That’s a good one. I'm not so sure. This body can die, but I can’t. I was never born. As soon as Life is done with this body, I will gladly offer it to whomever wants it, for whatever purpose they desire. I say orgy because lust seems to be part of the program. We lust for whatever has been missing: for food, for love, for the smell of our beloved, for their touch, for their orgasm, for their surrender, for our own surrender.

We human’s are torn. On the one hand, we are committed to the fight. We long to vanquish those who have opposed us, to conquer the world and have it finally, at last, acknowledge us as its master. You may remember that was Satan's song in the garden. But on the other hand, perhaps more than we recognize, we long to surrender, to let it all go, to experience freedom. The fight costs us our freedom, you know? You realize that, right? You can’t be free, and at war, at the same time. For if you were truly free, wouldn’t you chose to be free from war?

What you really want is to experience your being without the encumbrance of shoulds. I should do this. I shouldn’t have done that. I can’t do that (even though I want to). I ought to do this. These all weigh us down. This world is upside down and backwards. We are told that keeping a tight control on ourselves will get us into Heaven, when actually it is the mechanism which keeps us in Hell.

What we want is the truth. It scares us half to death, and lures us at the same time (like so many worthwhile things). We’ve heard it time and time again:"The truth will set you free." Well, is it true, or not? It would be good to find out. My report is, yes, it is true, and that everything I thought I wanted, instead of the truth, is now seen to have so little relative value as to be worthless. Take it all, I won’t miss it: pride, prestige, respect, power, the illusion of safety. They mean nothing to me. I’ll take the love. I'll take the truth, here, now.

I was with a woman, night before last, and it was all the pleasure I could stand, just to lay next to her, in our afterglow, and breathe in her breath as she would exhale. The thought that keeps coming to my mind, day after day is, “Could it be any more delicious?”

Sign me up. I’m done. No, I don’t need to shop anymore. I’ll take Reality, exactly the way it is. This is what I want.

No comments:

Post a Comment